At Eggtronic, we are committed to deliver innovative technologies for the world and therefore improve people’s life and help the environment with innovative Power Electronics technologies.
To foster in excellence, outstanding ETHICS is needed, internally in the company and with all partners. We follow a standard of excellence in every aspect of our business, to ethical and responsible conduct in all of our operations, to the respect of the rights of all individuals, and to respect for the environment.
We expect the suppliers (as well as permitted subcontractors) who do business with Eggtronic and its related Eggtronic businesses, to share these same commitments. Eggtronic selects its suppliers based on the merits of quality, delivery, cost and innovation. Eggtronic strongly encourages each Supplier to meet the following standards in all activities that relate directly or indirectly to Eggtronic. Suppliers that do not conform to these standards may have their business relationship with Eggtronic terminated.
- Compensation. Supplier must comply with all applicable wage and hour laws and regulations, including those relating to minimum wages, overtime, and other elements of compensation, and will provide all legally mandated benefits.
- Hours of Work. Supplier will maintain work hours in compliance with all applicable wage and hour laws and regulations. Supplier will not require employees to work more than any limits on regular and overtime hours allowed by any applicable local law.
- Forced Labor / Prison Labor. Supplier will not use forced or involuntary labor, including prison, bonded, indentured, or otherwise.
- Child Labor. Supplier will not use child labor. “Child” is any person who is either (1) younger than 16; or (2) younger than the minimum age required for the employment under applicable law. Supplier will comply with all applicable laws and regulations regarding the employment of minors.
- Coercion and Harassment. Supplier will treat each employee with dignity and respect, and will not engage in or permit corporal punishment, threats of violence, or other forms of harassment whether based on race, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristic.
- Discrimination. Supplier will not discriminate in hiring practices or any other condition of work on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, color, age, gender, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, status as a disabled veteran, or other legally protected characteristics.
- Workplace Safety & Emergency Planning. Supplier will provide a safe and healthy workplace for employees by endeavoring to meet or exceed international safety standards. Supplier must have procedures in place for handling emergencies such as fire, spills, and natural disasters.
- Environmental Protection. Supplier will comply fully with all applicable environmental laws, and seek ways to conserve natural resources and energy, reduce waste and the use of hazardous substances, and minimize any adverse impacts on the environment.
- Compliance with Applicable Laws. Supplier will comply with all laws and regulations applicable to their business, as well as the standards of its industry, including those pertaining to the manufacture, pricing, sale, distribution, labeling, import, and export of merchandise. Without limiting this requirement, Supplier will not (A) violate, misappropriate or infringe upon the intellectual property rights of Eggtronic and its subsidiaries or any third party; or (B) engage in any activities which would violate any applicable laws and regulations relating to (1) bribery or illegal payments; (2) laws against unfair competition; (3) unfair and deceptive trade practices; (4) the environment; (5) health and safety; (6) international trade, including exports and imports; (7) data privacy; (8) money laundering; (9) employment; (10) contracting with governmental entities; or (11) medical devices, if applicable.
- Gifts and Entertainment. Eggtronic prohibits associates from soliciting gifts or entertainment of any kind from our business partners, including suppliers. Supplier will not bribe any Eggtronic associate by offering or giving any gifts except as set forth below. Existing or prospective suppliers shall not offer gifts, entertainment or other gratuities to Eggtronic associates other than customary business courtesies that are reasonable in frequency and value. Eggtronic associates who have purchasing responsibilities may accept only (a) business meals served during business meetings held at the facilities of suppliers; (b) business meals when in travel status; or (c) promotional or advertising items having a truly nominal value, such as baseball caps, pens or calendars. Cash or cash equivalents (such as gift cards) never shall be offered to Eggtronic associates by current or prospective business partners.
- Accounting Records. Supplier’s accounting records must (1) be kept and presented according to the laws of each applicable jurisdiction; (2) in reasonable detail, accurately and fairly reflect transactions, assets, liabilities, revenues and expenses; and (3) not contain any false or misleading entries.
- Conflicts of Interest. Supplier must immediately report to Eggtronic any “conflict of interest” of which they become aware. A “conflict of interest” is any circumstance, transaction or relationship directly or indirectly involving the Supplier in which the private interest of any employee of Eggtronic or any of its subsidiaries improperly interferes, or even appears to improperly interfere, with the interests of Eggtronic and its subsidiaries.
- Subcontracting. In addition to any restrictions on the use of subcontractors that are otherwise agreed to between the Supplier and Eggtronic or the applicable subsidiary, Supplier will not use any subcontractor in connection with any Eggtronic or subsidiary business unless the subcontractor has received a copy of this Code of Conduct.
- Monitoring and Compliance. Supplier understands that Eggtronic, its subsidiaries, or our designated partners (including third parties) may engage in monitoring activities to assess compliance with this Code of Conduct including on‐site inspection of facilities and review of books and records. Neither Eggtronic nor any of its partners assumes any duty to monitor or ensure compliance with this Code of Conduct, and Supplier understands that Supplier is solely responsible for full compliance with this Code of Conduct by its officers, directors, managers, employees or representatives.
- Management System and Communication. Supplier must establish and maintain processes that are reasonably designed to ensure compliance with, mitigate the risks identified in, and facilitate continuous improvement with respect to, this Code of Conduct. Supplier must ensure that this Code of Conduct is adequately communicated to all employees. Supplier should immediately notify appropriate Eggtronic contact upon learning of any known or suspected improper behavior by Supplier or by employees of Eggtronic or its subsidiaries. Every supplier or employee or sub-supplier of supplier can communicate in full confidentially any violation of the Eggtronic supplier code of conduct to the following e-mail account: firstname.lastname@example.org